NCHS Graduation Rate %
2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
65% 68% 77% 83% 88% 92% 93.8% 93.3% 95%
NCHS GRADUATION RATE above the Indiana average rate since 2012!
On Oct. 17th, 2016 the U.S. Dept. of Ed. released data showing the U.S. had its highest graduation rate in history at 83.2%. NCHS has surpassed the national grad rate by over 10% points in each of the past five years!
ECA English (new ISTEP+ test given spring, 2016)
|2015-16||A-F Grade= B+||2016||41% (IN ave. = 36% ISTEP)||69% (state ave. = 60%)|
|2014-15||A-F Grade = B||2015||85% pass*||81.5% pass*|
|2013-14||A-F Grade = B||2014||75% pass||78% pass|
|2012-13||A-F Grade = B-||2013||78% pass||72% pass|
|2011-12||A-F Grade = C||2012||78% pass||73% pass|
|% Earning||College Credit||*10th gr. only||
2016 score = 88.8% (B+)
|Alg. ECA's up 55% over 2010||
43% increase when
|2014||60%||NCHS: 11.2% took an A.P. exam||average Alg. & Eng.|
vs. 3.9% = 2015 state average
|2010 to 2015 ECA's.|
|2012||43%||College/Career Readiness||Rates assigned by IN:|
|2011||40%||N.C.H.S. = 60.4%||
vs. State ave. = 53.9%
2016 ISTEP+ 41 is 14% over the state ave. of 36 for algebra; 69 is 14% over the state ave. of 60 for English.
NCHS surpassed the Indiana average for our grad rate plus Algebra I and English 10 ECA scores every year since 2012. As alluded to above, this trend continued with the new ISTEP+ assessments taken by our students in early-2016.
Since 2009, our English 10 ECA scores have improved 25%. Our Algebra I ECA's up 60% & grad rate up 40%. Since 2011, the % of NCHS students earning college credit is up 55%. We are now one of the most improved schools in the state of Indiana!
>More info about our grad rate results released by DOE on 3/3/16:
- Among our general education students, 98.1% of them graduated on time in 4 years.
- Of our students reported to live in "poverty", 90.5% graduated in 4 years (on-time).
- Our students exceeded the state average ECA math standard by 8.6 pts. in 2015.
- Our students surpassed the state average score on the S.A.T. by 6 points in 2015.
- Our students also surpassed the state average ECA English standard in 2014-2015.
- 11.2% of NCHS students took an AP exam in 2015 compared to 3.9% ave. statewide.
- Our College and Career readiness rate is 60.4%; state ave. rate was 53.9% for 2015.
- Our students' attendance rate (96.1%) has exceeded the state ave. for over 5 years.
- The majority of our students who've transferred to a virtual school or to homeschool,
- (representing a small number) attempted to re-enroll at N.C.H.S. at some later date.
- N.C.H.S. has had a graduation rate above the IN state average the past four years.
- The national grad rate was 73% in 2006, 78% in 2010, and 81% by 2013 (latest).