Welcome to Eastwood Elementary!
Building Hours of Operation
Building opens: 7:30am
Students dismissed to class: 7:50am
Tardy Bell 8:05am
School Office closes: 4:00pm
ENHANCED VISITOR SAFEGUARDS TO BE IMPLEMENTED
Eastwood Elementary is pleased to announce that we will begin using the Raptor Visitor Mgt. System in our elementary school to enhance the district’s program of campus safety for students and faculty. Part of keeping students and faculty safe is knowing who is in our building at all times, and the Raptor system will allow us to do that. The Raptor system will better allow us to track visitors, contractors, volunteers and any other guests in our schools and provide us with a safer environment for our students and staff.
Upon entering our school building, visitors will be asked to present a valid state-issued ID, which will be scanned into the system. The Raptor system will check to ensure that registered sexual offenders are not entering our building. It is important to note that the Raptor system only scans the visitor's name, date of birth and photo for comparison with a national database of registered sex offenders. Additional visitor data from the driver's license is not gathered nor is the system connected to any other system such as the BMV. Therefore, any other information on the ID is not scanned by the system and is not accessible to any of the users. Once entry is approved, Raptor will issue a badge that identifies the visitor, the date, and the purpose of his/her visit. The system should be fully operational over this summer.
Visitors entering the building and limiting their business to the office will not be required to provide identification. However, those visiting for lunch as well as scheduled visitors/volunteers will be required to provide ID and be cleared through the Raptor system before being permitted into the building during school hours.
LIMITED ADULT CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK
We welcome all volunteers and visitors.
However, disruption to the classroom must be kept to a minimum and the safety of our students our utmost concern. Therefore, the need for volunteers at Eastwood is teacher driven. If a teacher feels the need for a volunteer(s), they must submit a request to the principal stating whom they are requesting and the reason for the request. The principal when then either approve or deny the request depending on the need and the result of criminal background checks. An “Indiana State Police Limited Criminal History” form must be submitted for each adult; each time it is requested that they be in contact with, in care of, or have supervision over a student enrolled in the school (IC 5-2-5-5).
- Everyone entering the building must report directly to the front office.
- See Raptor Visitor Mgt. System above for explanition of sign in process. Anyone not wearing a visitor badge will be asked to return to the office to sign in and get a badge.
- Keep in mind that teachers/students have morning routines that should not be interrupted. If you wish to conference with a teacher, please schedule an appointment for after school.
- Visitors are not permitted beyond the office during school hours. (7:30am – 2:30pm)
- Teachers will contact parents/guardians when volunteers are needed and the teachers will make the proper arrangements.
- People that are scheduled to volunteer on an “on-going” basis through-out the school year, will only be required to submit one criminal background check form, however, may be subject to periodical criminal background checks to update their status.
- Criminal Background Checks that do not clear for any reason, will be reviewed by the building administrator. The building administrator will decide if the request will be approved or denied based on the requested activity and the information on the background check.
- All deliveries should be left with the office. The office will call teachers to dismiss students to pick up items at an appropriate time so that class will not be interrupted.